Looking for an opportunity with Thrifty?
We’re looking to expand our commercial franchisee network!
Are you hardworking, passionate about customer service and keen to develop a business in your local community that has a strong international brand behind it?
Join Thrifty a name synonymous with global car and commercial rental, as we look to expand our New Zealand network of franchisees with opportunities for light and heavy commercial vehicle rentals.
Operating in the ‘value’ market segment we provide a range of customers with quality vehicles at affordable rates. Our fleet consists of a wide range of passenger and light commercial vehicles and with 32 locations across the country we cover every major New Zealand city, town and airport.
The Thrifty New Zealand network (including franchisees) has an average fleet of over 3,000 modern vehicles covering 18 vehicle classes with an average age of only 15 months.
We’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRMA, arguably Australia’s largest member-based organisation. With more than 2.4 million members, a reputation based on 90 years of helping motorists and a stable of travel and motoring businesses, NRMA’s ownership provides the expertise and resources that will assure Thrifty’s future growth and success.
Thrifty’s franchise strategy is about strengthening our network through local ownership and management by people who will provide a level of service that sets us apart from our competition.
Benefits for Thrifty franchisees
– Thrifty has over 30 years experience successfully operating in New Zealand
– An established network, 32 locations and over 3,000 vehicles nationwide
– Established high profile sites suited to car and light commercial rental activities
– Training on the Thrifty rental and reporting systems and regular updates
– An existing franchise network who are happy to share their learning and best practices with new franchisees
– Six monthly Franchisee Council meetings, where franchisees are able to provide structured input (development of annual marketing plan, fleet decisions, operational changes and new products)
– An experienced and dedicated franchise management team
– An Intranet system that provides all Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
Thrifty is committed to being a leader in the car rental industry. We are committed to achieving our goals of providing exceptional customer service by working as one network.
For further information please contact Tony Mortensen, General Manager, Thrifty New Zealand, via this franchise support email address.
For Expression of Interest, please review and complete this EOI form and return it back via the email address above.