Thrifty Blue Chip Express Rental Programme
What is the Thrifty Blue Chip Express Rental Programme?
- The principal benefit of membership of the Thrifty Blue Chip Express Rental programme is the speed and efficiency of making reservations and collecting the vehicle at the time of rental initiation.
Who can enrol in the Thrifty Blue Chip Express Rental Programme?
- In order to enrol in the Programme you must be at least 21 years old and hold a full and valid driving licence.
- You must accept the Standard Thrifty Terms and Conditions of Rental at time of sign up and this is valid for every rental you make as a Blue Chip Member.
How to enrol in the Programme?
- You can apply by filling out the Blue Chip application form here.
- Enrolment in the Programme is free of charge.
- The information you provide in the application (“Profile Information”) must be true, complete and accurate.
- You must keep your profile information up-to-date via the Blue Chip profile update section of our website including: your billing and residential address; your billing preferences; your driving licence details; and your credit card details.
Blue Chip Member
- You will receive a your member number immediately after submitting your application.
- Enrolment in the Programme gives you access to benefits described here.
- Programme benefits may be amended from time to time and are subject to availability.
- All Programme benefits, such as Blue Chip counters, may not be available at all rental locations or at all times.
- When you reserve a vehicle you may enquire what Programme benefits are available at that particular rental location.
- To ensure you receive any available Programme benefits you must make your reservation at least 2 hours before the time of rental. When booking by telephone you must inform the reservation agent that the reservation is for a “Thrifty Blue Chip Express Rental Programme” rental and provide your member number. When booking on-line you must enter your member number and last name in the fields provided in the on-line booking form.
- Each time you rent a vehicle you will enter into a rental agreement which incorporates or is accompanied by: 1.the rental sheet, pre-populated with your preferred level of loss or damage cover, billing preferences and other rental options indicated in your Profile Information; 2. the Thrifty Car Rental – Terms and Conditions. The latest version of the terms and conditions is set out below, but is also available from the Thrifty New Zealand website or by contacting Thrifty on 0800 73 70 70 during business hours; and 3. a vehicle inspection sheet.
- You agree that you are bound by the rental agreement even if you do not sign it. Unless at the time of hire you raise any concerns about the vehicle inspection sheet (which may reveal damage to the vehicle or markings on it) then you will be bound by the contents of the vehicle inspection sheet, even though you may not have signed it. This means that should the vehicle, when returned to Thrifty, show any damage not reflected in the vehicle inspection report you may be personally liable for the damage.
- Thrifty reserves the right to vary the Programme benefits and conditions from time to time, and to withdraw it completely should it choose to do so.
What happens if I am unhappy with something to do with the Programme?
- If your concern relates to your rental of a vehicle you should immediately contact our location where you rented the vehicle so that we can investigate and address your concerns.
- If your concern relates to your participation in the Programme or if our location does not address your concerns satisfactorily, you should contact our Customer Experience Manager via email: [email protected] or call: 03 940 2732.