Whether you’ve hired your EV for business or leisure – you can expect superior handling and reduced operating costs.
Here are some tips and tricks to get the most out of your EV journey.
Plan your journey and dismiss range anxiety
- Plan your journey, check the distance there and back. The Hyundai Ioniq has a verified range of 200km
- Check the availability of fast chargers on the route
- Plan your journey in stages between charging stations
Tips to maximise range
- Be gentle with the accelerator – it’s the same with petrol engines, if you’re constantly assertive with the accelerator, your EV’s range will be negatively impacted. So wherever possible ease on and off the accelerator and brakes.
- Use Climate control conservatively – Cranking on the air conditioning may seem like a minor draw on your car’s energy supply, but in all EV’s, it can make a big difference. If you can tolerate a slightly higher temperature, there are km gains to be had.
- Plan the most efficient journey – plan your journey