Commercial Franchisee Wanted
Are you hardworking, passionate about customer service and keen to develop a business in your local community that has a strong international brand behind it?
Thrifty is a name synonymous with car and truck rental across the globe. Join us as we look to expand our New Zealand network with opportunities for franchise operators in the light and heavy commercial vehicle rental area across the country.
Thrifty will provide leads from our existing business base, however, our ideal franchisee is already an astute business operator with an established network of contacts as potential renters of commercial vehicles. Maybe you already have a fleet of commercial vehicles looking for the support and recognition of a global brand?
Our fleet currently consists of a wide range of passenger and light commercial vehicles and with 32 locations across the country we cover every major New Zealand city, town and airport. Operating in the leisure, corporate and government market segments, we provide a range of customers with high quality new vehicles at value for money rates.
The Thrifty New Zealand network currently has a peak fleet of around 4,000 modern vehicles covering 18 vehicle classes with an average age of only 9 months.
We’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRMA group of companies, arguably Australia’s largest member-based organisation. With more than 2.4 million members, a reputation based on 90 years of supporting motorists with roadside and vehicle services and a stable of prestigious travel related businesses, NRMA’s ownership provides the expertise and resources to support Thrifty’s future growth and success.
Thrifty’s franchise strategy is about strengthening our network through local ownership and management by people who will provide a level of service that sets us apart from our competition.
Benefits for Thrifty franchisees
- Established, globally recognised and highly respected brand
- Over 30 years’ experience successfully operating in New Zealand
- An established nationwide network, with over 32 locations
- Established high profile sites suited to car and light commercial rental activities
- Training on the Thrifty rental and reporting systems and regular updates
- An existing franchise network who are happy to share their learning and best practices with new franchisees
- Six monthly Franchisee Council meetings, where franchisees are able to provide structured input (development of annual marketing plan, fleet decisions, operational changes and new products)
- An experienced and dedicated franchise management team
- An Intranet system that provides all Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
Thrifty is committed to being a service leader in the car rental industry. We achieve our goals of providing exceptional customer service by working as one cohesive nationwide network.
For further information please contact Tony Mortensen, General Manager, Thrifty New Zealand, via this franchise support email address.
For Expression of Interest, please review and complete this EOI form and return it back via the email address above.