Car Hire at Nelson | Whakatū Airport with Thrifty
Discover Nelson with a convenient hire car from Thrifty’s Nelson Airport Branch. If you are planning a stay in the stunning Nelson area or further afield in the Tasman region, you will not be disappointed with the beautiful golden beaches and world renowned national parks.
Hire a car from Thrifty Nelson Branch for:
- A wide range of hire cars, including small cars, small SUV’s, AWD’s and vans
- Handy optional extras to meet your travel needs such as child seats and bike racks
- Quick access to Nelson City, the Abel Tasman National park and Golden Bay
- Friendly and knowledgeable local staff
- Award-winning service – our Thrifty Nelson Airport branch is the Rentalcars.com Customer Favourite Award Winner for 2021
Need help or want to extend your rental, please contact the branch directly on 03 547 5563.
The closest petrol stations are
NPD – 142 Muritai Street, Tahunanui
Mobil Tahunanui – 58 Tahunanui Drive
Returning a vehicle to our branch
Follow the road into the terminal building. You will find the Thrifty car parks opposite the main entrance to the terminal building. Leave your car in a designated Thrifty carpark and lock the vehicle and return the keys to our counter in the terminal. Returning a vehicle after hours? Or if the counter is unattended, please use the drop box on the counter.
Things to do in Nelson Tasman
Nelson and Tasman are renowned for the stunning beaches and scenery, a great hospitality scene and endless sunshine. Nelson is the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park, location of the Abel Tasman track and a selection of golden sand beaches. Nelson and the surrounding areas has excellent vineyards and gorgeous cafes, ideal for soaking up the sun. Looking for something a bit more exciting? Head to the Cable Bay Adventure Park to experience one of the worlds longest flying foxes.