1. Information on how to enter the Thrifty ‘Drive My Surf Club’ competition (promotion) and prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
2. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
3. The promoters are Motoka Rentals Limited, trading as Thrifty Car Rental (Thrifty) (promoters).
4. The club nominations open on 19 February 2016 and close on Sunday 28 February 2016 at 11.59pm. The 4 Club finalists will be chosen at the discretion of Thrifty and successful applicants will be notified by 12pm Monday 29 February 2016.
5. The public voting competition opens on Tuesday 1 March 2016 and closes on Monday 21 March at 5pm (NZDT) (promotional period). Thrifty will announce the winner by 12pm 22nd March.
6. Entry is open to New Zealand Surf Life Saving Clubs and voting is open to Facebook users. The 10 $50 (incl GST) prizes will be awarded to New Zealand residents who have voted with Facebook during the voting competition, who hold a valid full driver’s licence, and are aged 21 years and over.
How to Enter
7. Nomination round – Surf Clubs must be nominated during the nomination period – 19 February 2016 – 29 February 2016. Thrifty will then select one club from each of the 4 surf club regions to compete for public votes to win a share of $2,500 (incl GST).
8. Competition round – The surf club with the most votes at the end of the competition round 21 March 2016 5pm will win $1,000 (incl GST) in car rental vouchers, 2nd $500 (incl GST) in car rental vouchers, 3rd and 4th $250 (incl GST) in car rental vouchers. For the x10 $50 (incl GST) rental vouchers, to enter the promotion, entrants must like the Thrifty Car Rentals NZ facebook page and vote for a surf club.
9. Employees of the promoters and their related bodies corporate and such employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
10. The promoters reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to verify, at any time during or after the closing of the promotion, the validity of all entries, to disqualify any entrant who submits incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry process.
11. Entrants must notify the promoter in writing of any changes of email address, residential address or phone number.
12. Winners who cannot be reached via the Facebook account they used to enter will be disqualified
13. The promoters reserve the right to:
a. verify the validity of entries and entrants including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence; and/or
b. disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is, in its reasonable opinion, not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
Draws and Prizes
14. Surf Club Prizes Thrifty will select 4 surf clubs from each region to compete for the prizes. The 4 surf clubs are then competiting for the most public votes
15. Voter Prizes Thrifty will select at random select 10 voters throughout the promotion period to receive $50 (incl GST) worth of Thrifty Car Rental
16. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions; all other expenses become the responsibility of each winner.
17. All prizes must be redeemed before 1 April 2017 and are subject to vehicle availability and cannot be used during Thrifty Black out dates 20 December 2016 to 3 January 2017.
18. The prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
19. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to grant the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. The winners will be notified via Facebook post/tag and, with the winner’s consents, the winners’ names will be published on Facebook and the Thrifty’s website (www.thrifty.co.nz). Only the winners will be tagged/receive a post notification. When the winners are notified of their prize they will also be provided with details as to the collection of their prize.
21. If for any reason a winner does not take an element of a prize by the time stipulated by the promoters, or chooses not to participate in the promotion, then that prize, or element thereof, will be forfeited.
22. During the rental period, a winner must advise Thrifty immediately of any change in circumstances relating to Thrifty’s standard terms and conditions, including change of personal details such as address or disqualification from driving. Failure to comply with the standard terms and conditions during the rental period will result in the immediate forfeiture of the prize. Any unused portion of the prize will not be exchangeable, redeemable or transferable.
23. The promoter has no obligation to compensate the prize winner for any diminished enjoyment of the prize due to circumstances beyond its control.
Personal Information and Privacy
25. You can contact the promoter’s privacy officer if you would like details of the personal information that the promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. Our privacy officer’s contact details are:
26. The promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by each of the promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner’s and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner’s. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under New Zealand law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
27. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
28. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, for any reason whatsoever, without liability.