Update 22 September 2020
The Thrifty team continues to keep a close eye on the Covid-19 situation and making sure we have processes and procedures in place to keep you, our customers, and our staff safe.
All our 29 locations are open and operational, and working under the current Alert Levels in place in New Zealand, please take a look at our location pages to see the most up to date opening hours.
Alert Level 2 (Auckland)
Alert Level 1 (Rest of NZ)
Thrifty Branches are open for business.
Travel between regions is permitted, but you must do so in a safe way recording your journey. You should not travel if you:
- have been requested to self-isolate/quarantine
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
To check travel allowances under Alert Level 2 and Alert Level 1 please click the following link:
What we are doing to keep you safe
Peace of mind when you travel especially in times like this is critical. At Thrifty we are making sure we are maintaining rigorous hygiene standards and safe work practices in regard to our vehicles and our locations.
- In our branches the counter tops and high traffic surfaces are regularly cleaned.
- All branches are displaying a QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer app or staff will record visit details.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and customers.
- Our staff are always adhering to good hand hygiene and wearing disposable gloves when cleaning.
- All usual rigorous vehicle safety checks and cleaning is in place as well as additional attention to disinfecting high touch point areas inside and on external areas of vehicles.
Learn more about about our hygiene standards and practices here.
Modifications and cancellations to bookings are easy
At Thrifty we offer peace of mind with your car rental bookings and offer flexible bookings with no cancellation fees and options to modify your booking at any time, if you need to do this please call us direct on 0800 73 70 70.
If you have not booked directly with Thrifty, please contact your booking agent to make changes to your booking and they will notify us directly.
Be kind, stay safe.