Now is the time to put some Velocity into your travel plans.
Thanks to our partnership with Virgin Australia you can speed your way to great rewards as you drive around New Zealand. Velocity is the frequent flyer programme of Virgin Australia. Its members enjoy many easy, everyday ways to earn Velocity Points and gain fantastic rewards.
Velocity Frequent Flyer
If you’re a Velocity member there’s a great reason to pay attention here. That’s because, if you hire a rental car with us in New Zealand, you’ll earn 3 Points per $1 spent. Silver, Gold and Platinum members earn a bonus on top of these Points.
When booking your rental car simply select ‘Velocity Frequent Flyer’ as your preferred Rewards Programme and enter your Velocity membership number. To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member.
Book by phone on:
New Zealand 0800 230 875
Australia 131 875
Other International Locations +61 2 8667 5924
To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions available at virginaustralia.com/velocity, as amended from time to time.
Within Australia and New Zealand, Points are earned per dollar spent on time and kilometre charges, excluding GST, insurance and miscellaneous charges. Points are earned per rental outside Australia and New Zealand at a flat rate of 800 Points per rental. Daily consecutive rentals within the same city are considered as one rental. Points are not earned on car rentals purchased as part of a holiday package, free car rentals, industry rate rentals, group rates or other promotional rates.
Are you missing points from an eligible transaction with Thrifty New Zealand or Thrifty Australia?
If so, please review the information below to ensure your eligibility.
- Points are not awarded for international wholesale rates
- Points are not awarded with corporate rates
- Points are not awarded to staff or those travelling on industry rates
- Points are not awarded to Auto Club Members
- Points are only awarded if the Velocity Member’s name is on the rental Agreement
- Points are only awarded to the driver of the vehicle, not additional drivers
- You cannot allocate points to a Velocity Number that does not belong to you personally
- You must wait 30 days after the completion of your rental to claim missing points
- You must claim missing points within 90 days of your rental completion
- Your Velocity Number must be entered at the time of booking to receive your points
Please ensure that your name on the Rental Agreement is identical to that attached to your Velocity number, Velocity will not award points if the details are incorrect. Successful claims will be credited to your account by Velocity – please complete and submit the form below.
Claim missing points here.