How cheap would you like your next car rental? Would free be good enough?
That's right - it's free. As we often need to relocate our vehicles around New Zealand we offer free car hire from specific locations at certain times.
These free car relocations are available on a first-in, first-served basis. So it pays to keep an eye out on this site. Once you've booked a car using this system you'll have a set amount of time in which to pick up the vehicle from one location and drop it off in another.
This is a great way to see New Zealand without opening the wallet. With a little planning and forward thinking, the freedom of the road is that much more free.
The 'free' part of free one-way rentals applies to the daily rate, basic third party insurance and unlimited kilometres. There are charges for insurance, sundry rental equipment and fuel are additional - refer to our conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- FREE applies to the daily rate, standard insurance and unlimited kilometres only.
- Charges for Accident Damage Excess (ADE), Total Package Protection (TPP), Accident Excess Reduction (AER), sundry rental equipment & fuel are additional & payable by the renter
- A credit card must be provided in the name of the authorised renter. A $250 bond will be charged to this credit card upon pick up
- Offer only available to specific locations as detailed
- The minimum rental age for this relocation offer is 18 years. Basic third party insurance is included. Drivers aged between 18-20 years are not eligible to purchase Accident Reduction Excess or Total Protection Package insurance cover. An excess of between $3,500 and $4,025 applies. An underage surcharge of $17.25 per day applies to drivers aged between 18-24 years
- An additional driver surcharge will be charged at $11.50 per driver
- Vehicle class cannot be requested or confirmed
- Offer subject to availability
- Maximum length of hire is 48 hours
- Frequent Flyer points and commission are not applicable in conjunction with this promotion
- Thrifty's standard terms and conditions apply